The building was constructed in 1901 by the architectural firm of Hermann Walder & Rauschenberg in the Art Nouveau style. On the facades facing Kaiserstrasse and Karlstrasse were vertical cantilevers. There was also a installation above the entrance door on the corner. The photo dates from the 1970s.
Today, nothing can be seen of the old devices. In the 1990s, a new device was installed in the same place on the façade facing Kaiserstrasse.